DORNSEIF, DORNSEIFF, DORNSIFEN, DORNSIFER
by Wolfgang G. Sonneborn of Wuppertal, Germany
Toward a Genealogy of the 15th and 16th Centuries,
From Documents, [Paybooks?], Contacts etc. up to
the Beginning of Church Records
This lineage gets its name from the hamlet of Dornseifen, previously in the community of Fellinghausen and parish of Ferndorf, and now part of the town of Kreuztal, which is about
five miles north of Siegen. Dornseifen lies in a small valley adjoining the valley of the river Hees, northeast of the manor Junkernhees. A vassal of the lord of Junkernhees named Johann
built the first house at Dornseifen during the 1st third of the 15th century. He is first mentioned as Johann or Johan of Dornsiffen in a document of September 21, 1452. See Note (1) below.